The CBD Success Awards has five categories to enter that will be judged by a high profile, independent panel of judges (please note judges will not be allocated a category that has a potential conflict of interest). The Judges work independently of each other using our awards platform. The category you select on your entry form must be reflective of the predominate nature of your business.
We reserve the right to change your selection if we consider another category to be more appropriate
1. Retail Award
This award recognises a retail business for successes and achievements selling direct to the end user or any business whose principal activity is in the provision of retail. Businesses including franchises, online independently owned, department store and traditional retail operations are invited to enter.
2. Tourism/Hospitality Award
This award recognises the successes and achievements of any business in the tourism or hospitality sector. Businesses which provide accommodation, attractions, activities, cafés, restaurants, pubs, fast food and catering services are invited to enter.
3. Professional Services Award
An award which recognises the successes and achievements of any business that delivers services including the professional sector. Businesses including lawyers, accountants, doctors, web designers, creative agencies, advisors, veterinarians, real estate agents, banks, photographers, financial planners, IT providers and insurance brokers are invited to enter.
4. Trade Services Award
The Trade Services Award recognises the successes and achievements of any business that delivers trade services. Businesses including trades, printers, hair-dressers, beauticians, gyms, massage therapists and repair services are invited to enter.
5. Social Enterprise Award
An opportunity to showcase the successes and achievements of any business outside the private sector including not-for-profits, schools and local enterprises. Businesses including not-for-profit organisations, 100% Government funded education institutions, health service providers, local Government organisations or community trusts are invited to enter.
This award recognises the successes and achievements of a business that demonstrates creative, entrepreneurial or innovation process, product or service that has enhanced the business. All businesses are eligible for the Business Innovation Award when they enter another category.
In recognition of the customers view and judged by public vote via our facebook and website. All businesses who enter any categories will have automatic entry in to this category. Marketing material and online voting information will be distributed to each business that entered the CBD Success Awards. Public voting will take place 1-24th August through hamiltoncentral.co.nz
The purpose of the Hamilton Central Business Association is to revitalise, support and promote the CBD. In recognition of this we would like to recognise those businesses that have made a significant contribution to the CBD through six award categories to be judged by the HCBA Executive Committee.
1. BEST CBD Hero Award - A person, group, activity, event or initiative that champions Hamilton’s CBD.
2. BEST New Business in the CBD Awards - A new, returned or relocated business that has contributed to the revitalisation of Hamilton’s CBD.
3. BEST Improved Site Award - An upgrade, modernisation or refurbishment of a building or development that has contributed to the revitalisation of Hamilton’s CBD.
4. BEST CBD Experience Award - An experience by theatre, festival, event or street performer that has contributed to the revitalisation of Hamilton’s CBD.
5. BEST International in the CBD Awards - An international business, activity, event or initiative that has contributed to the revitalisation of Hamilton’s CBD.
6. BEST CBD Youth Awards - A youth business, activity, event or initiative that has contributed to the revitalisation of Hamilton’s CBD.